General Information of Japanese Visas
General Information of Japanese VisasPlease select your purpose of visit from the following list and prepare the documents required for submission of VISA application.
Short-Term Visit Long-Term Visit
- Spouse or Child of Japanese National
- Spouse of Child of Permanent Resident
- Long-Term Resident
- Business Manager
- Intra-Company Transferee
- Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/Int'lServices
- Student (For Learning Japanese)
- Student (For Entering University)
General Information regarding Visa Applications
- Applications are accepted on from 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM - Monday through Friday except public holidays
- All visa application forms should either be printed or typed
- All documents and copies should be A4 sized
- Additional documentation may be required if necessary
- All documents must be submitted in original (No documents sent by fax, e-mails or photocopy of documents will be accepted). In principle, submitted documents will not be returned. Important documents such as Nikka Nama, which are difficult to obtain again, must be submitted together with their clear copies in addition to the original.
- Regarding Nikka Nama, birth Certificate, B-form and copy of computerized registration form, Applications are advised to submit with English translation duly attested by the concerned organizations.
- Residents residing out of Sindh and Balochistan are advised to apply for visa at the Embassy of Japan, Islamabad.
- Time to process visa applications depends on the applicant’s clarified status or circumstance. Generally, it takes a minimum of five working days to process visa applications, even though the documentation is in order.
- In certain cases, some documents have to be referred for verifications, or applications may need to be referred to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Japan, in which case the process may take a month or more for the assessment to be fully completed.
- Submission of requirements does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Results of the assessment will be informed to only the applicant. In principle, telephone inquiries from Japan will not be accepted.
- In case visa is not granted, the reasons will not be disclosed because of our internal rules.
- Possession of a visa does not entitle the bearer to enter Japan. The visa bearer may not be permitted to enter upon arrival at port of entry if he or she is found inadmissible.